AEM's Dyno-Shaft Sportsman Series on-vehicle dynamometer system is literally a dyno on your car. It is as accurate as the most respected dynamometers in the industry. It provides real, accurate horsepower and torque numbers that are produced by measuring a vehicle's torque and RPM at the driveline, while you drive! The Dyno-Shaft Sportsman Series is designed for competitive amateur racers and serious performance enthusiasts whose applications can utilize a cast iron slip yoke. For higher stress applications, the Dyno-Shaft Pro Series kit features a CNC-machined Chrome Moly slip yoke.
The Dyno-Shaft On-Vehicle Dynamometer Pro Series is a true on-vehicle dynamometer system that measures Torque and RPM while you drive to deliver Horsepower numbers in real time while you drive. It is a real dyno for your car that measures Horsepower, Torque and RPM as accurately as the most respected dynamometers, with the advantage of being able to gather this data in real-world conditions. The Dyno-Shaft Pro Series is designed for professional racers and users who have ultra-high stress applications and are already using or require a CNC machined, Chrome Moly slip yoke. If your vehicle can utilize a cast-iron slip yoke, please see our Dyno-Shaft Sportsman Series.
AEM's Dyno-Shaft On-Vehicle Dynamometer is a powerful diagnostic tool which can be used to:
- Eliminate Guesswork - Know for sure if slower times are due to a loss of power, vehicle set up or driver error.
- Engine tuning - Stop trying to approximate real world test conditions and start testing in the real world! Finally you can test with actual intake air conditions, actual vehicle loading and the hundred other things that make a real vehicle behave very different than it does when on a dyno.
- Chassis Set Up - Know when the tires will break loose. Ideal for optimizing drag launches and determining the longitudinal forces your tires can handle in road racing.
- Torque Converter and Clutch development - Finally know what your Torque converter or clutch is doing while you are making a pass!
- Dyno It All - The Dyno-Shaft accurately reads in all conditions including steady state, uphill or downhill, even while coasting down!
- AEM AQ-1 Data Logger the ideal host device solution for for recording, viewing, and outputting data from the Dyno-Shaft as it provides the broadest set of features and functionality, including: The ability to create dyno charts which can be saved, printed or shared electronically. The AQ-1 is a full featured data logger, so continuous power data can be recorded and replayed along with a wide variety of other vehicle information.
- AQ-1 Connector pre-wired for AEMnet, CAN, RS-232 Serial and USB
- Weather resistant remote mount USB
- Weather resistant connector with plug and wire seals.